Sunday, January 25, 2015

CAUGHT IN A DREAM: BLINDFOLD

Caught_up_in_a_dream


Not easily impressed I guess,

Always curious on my what if’s,

Like, what if I die tomorrow?

What if my dreams came through tonight?

Would I be ready?

Would I be humble?

Who would get praises?

Or would I keep all of it to myself,

There is a thing about not knowing,

I can decide now or regret later,

Or I can rejoice later if I fight now,

If the world taught me anything,

You can’t predict the future,

But you can come close by guessing,

As long as you are in control,

You won’t be led off course,

So I walk into my life’s obstacles with a blindfold on and a sword,

Ready to slay even behead anyone who I think wants to oppose,

For I can fight with no eyes to see,

Because within me my vision is clear as can be,

It’s not a part-time job, or do I work because of high incentive commissions,

What I want and work for is my everything,

So there won’t be any black clouds that could block my view,

Just a forward moving mentality with a bright ray of sunshine,

Shining right through…


Thanks for sharing in my thoughts,

Jixi Fox


#CaughtInADream


Follow The Series…

CAUGHT IN A DREAM: BEDTIME
CAUGHT IN A DREAM: BLINDFOLD




Filed under: blog, Blogging Tagged: fiction, Free Verse, haiku, Literature, Poems, poetry, prose, Spoken Word, writing http://ift.tt/1GVknGE

No comments: