Monday, January 18, 2016

OPEN MIC MONDAY – SLEEPING ON THE JOB | #OPENMIC

sleeping on the job

Look at Bob,
Sleeping on the job,
Away in his thoughts,
He is looking kind of lost,
I am tripping that he a sleep,
I wish I had more time with my pillow,
He snoozing loud as fudge,
I wish I was there too like ditto,
Not sure what he is thinking,
I guess he ain’t worried about his job,
Maybe the check bores him,
I guess ain’t nothing fudging with Bob,
Maybe he plotting about his passion,
Ready to make a jump,
Not living check to check,
Doing tasks with no benefits and ain’t even fun,
It could be that he is lazy,
But that might make me seem like a hater,
I guess I will find up once he gets up later,
We all got a path,
I ain’t trying to be like Bob,
Because my career is doing what I love,
That is also the same title as my job.

By: IG/FB @Jixifox 

*Note:  This is a series for bloggers, poets, writers, music artist to contribute as a whole and as a community each week.  Simply submit a verse/poem/prose/haiku under 100 words to be featured in the series #JixiOpenMicMonday on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram…Also you can DM me @jixifox on my social networks.  Only one entry per week, and I pick the best who follows the guidelines.

Share your thoughts on the on tonight’s open mic…Leave a comment & share…
-=-
Instagram:
@jixifox
Facebook: @jixifox
Twitter: @jixifox
Be An Insider: bit.ly/jixiccc
Jixi Fox - Nemesis - Album Cover - jixifox - poetry art haiku


Filed under: blog, Blogging, Poetry Tagged: Art, blogging, books, fiction, haiku, Inspiration, opinion, Photography, Poem, poetry, Relationships http://ift.tt/1nfWMc4

No comments: